Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year Remembered

Thanksgiving and Christmas have come and gone, much like the year 2011It has been a very interesting year.  It was our first full year back home since our rving days on the road.

This was the first time ever my mom n law had a picture made with Santa.  Here's the proof.  She had a great time.  Then we watched the local Christmas parade.



In the beginning of the year I started the process of getting a local Weight Watchers class organized in my hometown.  As of the class this morning the total weight loss from the start of the class last March they lost a total of 801 pounds.  I'm very proud of my class.

Throughout the year I got involved in helping with our church pantry.  I think everyone should volunteer to do something for the greater good.  I've read that real joy comes from being of service to others, getting outside ourselves.  I believe that is true.


One of the highlights of the year was seeing the River City Men's Chorus perform, not once but twice.  Why is this important?  My cousin Carl is a charter member.  In the beginning there were some thirty men, now there are sixty.  In November they and their spouses traveled to Italy where they performed at the Vatican.  Just days before they left for that adventure they performed the same concert in Little Rock.  My dear friend Ellie and I attended.  

This picture is the Chorus performing their annual Christmas concert in December just days after returning from Italy.


There have been many great memories made this year but I'm ready for the new year.  I told my class this morning that we can't change the past, the history, but we have a clean slate now with the new year.  It's up to us what we do with it.  We can write a new history, make new memories, set and meet new goals.  I don't make New Year's Resolutions because they are usually out the window by January 2nd.  I prefer goals with built in flexibility.  That's mangeable.

The new year is just hours away as I write this.  Some folks don't like change....I do.  I find it exciting, invigorating, refreshing, sometimes challenging and always interesting.

Welcome 2012. 

Happy New Year to all our dear friends.  May God bless you this new year.

1 comment:

Peggy n David said...

Happy New Year Karon and Dan - maybe this year we will get close to Arkansas to visit!!!